Vanillicious Ice Cream
Preparation Time: 10 Mins
Cook Times: 40 Mins
- 4 Medium Free Eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 100g unrefined caster sugar (I like to use my vanilla sugar for this it builds on the vanilla flavour profile)
- 300ml double cream
- 1 Premium Vanilla Pod, split lengthways and seeds scraped out
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Add the cream and the split Vanilla Pod with the seeds to a suitably sized saucepan and heat the cream gently until you see a slight bubble at the sides of the pan.
- Turn off the heat and allow the cream to infuse for at least 15 minutes.
- Slowly add the caster sugar whilst continuing to whisk, until the egg whites are stiff and glossy.
- In another bowl add the egg yolks and whisk until they start to thicken.
- Then add the infused cream and vanilla extract and mix to combine thoroughly.
- Fold the cream mixture into the egg whites and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into a plastic container and freeze.
We love all things Vanilla at Vanilla Etc, try out our recipes and let us know how they turn out.
Share your photos with us on Insta @vanillaetc #vanilla #vanillaetc
If you have any questions, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org