Vanillicious Ice Cream
Preparation Time: 10 Mins
Cook Times: 40 Mins
- 4 Medium Free Range Eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 100g unrefined caster sugar (I like to use my vanilla sugar for this it builds on the vanilla flavour profile)
- 300ml double cream
- 1 Vanilla Pod, split lengthways and seeds scraped out
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Carefully, using a sharp knife, gently score the vanilla pod lengthways. Open it out, before using the edge of your knife to scrape out all of the seeds.
- Add the cream and the split Vanilla Pod with the seeds to a suitably sized saucepan and heat the cream gently until you see a slight bubble at the sides of the pan.
- Turn off the heat and allow the cream to infuse for at least 15 minutes.
- Place two clean/dry bowls in front of you. Separate the egg whites into one bowl and the yolks in the other.
- While whisking the egg whites, slowly add the caster sugar until stiff and glossy.
- In the other bowl, whisk the egg yolks until they start to thicken.
- Add the infused cream and vanilla extract to the whisked egg yolks and mix to combine thoroughly.
- Fold the cream mixture into the egg whites and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into a plastic container and freeze.
We love all things Vanilla at Vanilla Etc, try out our recipes and let us know how they turn out.
Share your photos with us on Insta @vanillaetc #vanilla #vanillaetc
If you have any questions, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org