Patsy’s Carrot Cake
Preparation Time: 20 Mins
Cook Times: 45 minutes – 1 hour
- 11oz caster sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 8oz Self Raising flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- Pinch salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups grated carrots
- ½ cup walnut pieces
Cream cheese icing:
- 8oz Icing sugar
- 8oz Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 8oz Philadelphia, softened to room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Set oven to 175 C
- Combine oil and sugar. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt & bicarbonate of soda. The cake mixture will resemble a paste at this stage but don’t worry, once the carrots are added it will loosen up and resemble a usual cake mix consistency.
- Add eggs and whisk until combined.
- Gradually stir in the carrots and chopped walnuts.
- Grease tin and pour the mixture in. (I like to use a square 8″x 8″ loose bottom tin)
- Bake for 45minutes-1hr until a knife comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Using a whisk, beat the butter in a large bowl until it is smooth and pale in colour. Add the Philadelphia cheese and continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth and fully combined.
- Add in the sifted icing sugar and vanilla extract and continue mixing until fully combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
When the cake is cool smooth on the icing and decorate with chopped walnuts and edible flowers (optional).
Now it’s time to go and put the kettle on and sit down with a cuppa!
If you have any questions, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org